The Megaron Gyzi Museum is situated in the Halls of the Cultural Centre,
where five permanent collections are hosted.
- A collection of authentic engravings with maps, landscapes and dresses of the Cycladic islands from the 15th until the 19th century.
- A collection of old theraic public and private historical manuscripts, selected for display among the 3,500 documents of the Lay Files of the Catholic Diocese of Santorini. These constitute a rich source of information on public and private life in Santorini from late 16th to early 19th century (1573-1819).
- A collection of paintings, donated to Megaron Gyzi by L. Pintos couple.
- A collection of old photographs of scenic Santorini.
- A collection of Santorini΄s strata
- A collection of tools, artifacts and various objects of the everyday life in Greece donated to Catholic diocese of Thera by Nikos and Konstantinias Tsitsa
Operating Season & Museum΄s Hours:
1st May – 31st October:
Monday – Saturday: 10:00 – 20:00 (July, August) &10:00 – 16:30 (May, June, September, October )
Sunday: 10:30 – 16:30 (July, August)
Tel. +30 22860 23077